African Bronze Piri Piri Honey Nuts
In southern Africa a spicy snack is often served on special occasions. Flying ants spiced with chillies, a touch of honey and salt are traditionally served during the rainy season. Since we didn't have any ants in season, like many things in Africa you have to make do with what you have on hand. Why not improvise and use almonds?
- 5 lbs good organic almonds
- 1 cup you favourite soya or tamari sauce
- 1/2 cup sesame oil or raw coconut oil
- 1/2 cup African Bronze Honey
- 6 tablespoons sea salt
- 4 tablespoons onion powder
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons of your favourite Piri Piri sauce (hot sauce)
- Put all ingredients in a large roasting pan. Mix well.
- Place in oven set to 220° F.
- Stir every half hour for the next 2 - 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Remove from oven. Stir occasionally as they cool so that they don't clump together.
We'll be sampling these at The Fair Trade Show, June 4 and 5, 2016, so we made enough to serve a small village!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.