Sales and Relationship Specialist
We are a growing Cardinal, Ontario based certified B Corporation that needs a talented Sales and Relationship Specialist! We import, export, market, sell and value-add container loads of the most delicious, healthy honey in the world from African wilderness areas and National Parks. Our honey helps save forests that fight climate change.
We are searching for a team player who is organized and eager to learn and take on new challenges! The primary objective for this role is to build the pipeline of new business coming into the African Bronze Honey Company using digital tools and technology. This will include generating revenue through new and existing distribution partners and developing new key B2B relationships in the grocery, food, beverage, cosmetics and other industries.
Candidates should be motivated, problem solving, creative thinkers who want to use their skills to change the world… or at least to help with some of the heavy lifting! We’re interested in working with people who want to grow their skill set and learn about new things to help make a better world.
- Seeking, generating, and pursuing leads
- Turning leads into clients and sales
- Developing relationships and obtaining feedback from clients
- Active participation in conferences and trade shows
- Working with our partners, wholesalers and retailers
- Market Research and Sales Strategy:
- Participate in market research and development of a B2B digital marketing strategy
- Develop sales strategy that employs digital approaches, such as virtual trade shows, digital engagement with trade associations, email marketing, digital advertising, digital and social media campaigns.
- Develop an effective customer relationship tracking approach using digital tools.
- New Business Development and Planning:
- Prospect for potential new clients and identifying decision makers within the client organization
- Cold call or email marketing as appropriate within the market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Research and build relationships with small and medium sized business
- Plan sales approaches and pitches as to develop proposals that speak to the client's needs, concerns, and objectives; work towards mutually beneficial scenarios
- Identify opportunities for digital campaigns, new products, and new digital distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions
- Attend industry functions, such as virtual trade shows and conferences
- Client Retention:
- Check in with existing clients and look for ways to help them be more successful, such as presenting them with new products or providing them with engagement tools
- Management and Research:
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company's CRM and project management tools
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met
- Develop a deep understanding of the company's supply chain and capabilities so as to best represent the company’s products, value proposition and values.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or relevant field.
- Significant experience in ecommerce marketing and sales in the food or sustainable products categories.
- In-depth knowledge of various social media platforms, best practices, and website analytics.
- Highly creative with excellent analytical abilities.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies in digital marketing.
Why Work With Us?
- We are a certified women-owned B Corporation, a for profit company that is using business to support a sustainable planet
- We are growing; lots of growth opportunities within the organization
- You can work for us and feel good about what you are contributing to
- We have an entrepreneurial culture and welcome new ideas
- Opportunity to work closely with the co-founders of an award winning company!
- This is a 3 to 6 month contract that could lead to a permanent position and participation in employee ownership
- Cardinal ON (with part-time remote work options).
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your skills and achievements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us why working for a B Corporation is one of your goals. Your cover letter must also explain how you meet the requirements.