Natural Moisturizer Shea Butter Scrub
During the dry cold months of our North American winters, I think we can all agree that our skin could use a little extra TLC. This Shea Sugar Scrub is packed full of natural moisture, and uses easy to find organic ingredients to ensure that your skin is getting only the best!
Our shea butter is cold pressed, unrefined, organic and is handmade by women and families who use traditional methods passed down through generations in Ghana.
Use this scrub all over your body in the shower to slough off dead skin cells. Rinse well and then pat yourself dry with a towel. Your skin will be left with a lit from within type of glow, and you can brave the dry winter air without worrying about your dry itchy skin ever again!
We dare you to find a scrub that is as nourishing and moisturizing as this one!
- 1/2 cup African Bronze Honey Shea Butter
- 1/2 cup of oil (olive, grape seed, or coconut)
- 10 drops of rose hip oil (optional)
- 10 drops of skin safe essential oil (optional)
- 1 cup of sugar
- Using an egg beater, whip the shea butter for 1 - 2 minutes or until fluffy like whipped cream.
- Add in your choice of oil, rose hip oil and essential oil and mix to combine. (Olive oil is very moisturizing so if your skin is very dry we recommend this choice of oil).
- Add your sugar and stir ingredients together with a spoon. Start with 1/2 a cup of sugar and add more until you find your desired consistency.
- Scoop your scrub into a clean glass jar and store it with a tight lid. It should last for up to 2 months.