We are a growing Cardinal, Ontario based certified B Corporation that needs a talented Sustainability and Measurement Officer! We import, export, market, sell and value-add container loads of the most delicious, healthy honey in the world. Our forest honey is harvested using regenerative practices by independent beekeepers who protect African wilderness areas and National Parks that capture hundreds of thousands of tonnes of carbon annually. This is honey that tastes amazing, is good for you, and fights climate change.
We are searching for a team player who is organized and eager to learn and take on new challenges! The primary objective for this role is to measure, build on and maintain the company’s best practices as a B Corporation and as a business that uses business as a force for good. In this role your job is to measure what matters so that the African Bronze Honey Company is doing everything it can to make a better world.
Candidates should be motivated, problem solving, creative thinkers who want to use their skills to change the world… or at least to help with some of the heavy lifting! We’re interested in working with people who want to grow their skill set and learn about new things to help make a better world.
- Responsible for tracking measurement data related to our B Corp certification, Fair Trade Federation, EcoCert, CFIA and other regulatory organizations for compliance.
- Quantify the company's sustainability, social responsibility and environmental achievements.
- Lead in coordination of data, stories and best practices to maintain our certifications as a B Corporation, our verification as a Fair Trade Federation member, our organic certifications, etc.
- Work with sales and marketing team members to improve our marketing and storytelling to enhance the company’s reach.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, with an explanation of how you see the relevance of your studies to the responsibilities of the role
- Experience in social purpose business and measuring what matters
- In-depth knowledge of various social enterprise and B Corporation best practices.
- Highly creative with excellent analytical abilities.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies in sustainable and regenerative business practices.
Why Work With Us?
- We are a certified women-owned B Corporation, a for profit company that is using business to support a sustainable planet
- We are growing; lots of growth opportunities within the organization
- You can work for us and feel good about what you are contributing to
- We have an entrepreneurial culture and welcome new ideas
- Opportunity to work closely with the co-founders of an award winning company!
- This is a 3 to 6 month contract that could lead to a permanent position and participation in employee ownership
African Bronze Honey Company is an inclusive company and an equal opportunity employer.
- Cardinal ON (with part-time remote work options).
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your skills and achievements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us why working for a B Corporation is one of your goals. Your cover letter must also explain how you meet the requirements.
Check out our other vacancies