We are a growing Cardinal, Ontario based certified B Corporation that needs a talented administrative assistant! We import, export, market, sell and value-add container loads of the most delicious, healthy honey in the world from African wilderness areas and National Parks. Our honey helps save forests that fight climate change.
We are searching for a team player who is organized and eager to learn and take on new challenges! In this position, you will perform bookkeeping tasks, provide excellent customer service and assist in a variety of administrative tasks.
Candidates should be motivated, problem solving, creative thinkers who want to use their organizational and bookkeeping skills to change the world… or at least to help with some of the lifting! Social media, sales and marketing skills are additional and valuable assets.
- Accounts payable and receivables including invoicing
- Learning about the company's mission and available products
- Building relationships with clients; educating clients about what products are available and how to purchase them
- Interacting with clients on the phone, via email or in person; forwarding matters to the appropriate person or taking accurate messages
- Writing and editing company correspondence
- Collecting and recording business activity using spreadsheets
- Assisting with minor technical support
- Scheduling appointments and events
- Participating in office meetings and taking meeting minutes
- Ordering office stationery and other supplies
- Communicating with materials suppliers/vendors for ordering and shipping
- Giving feedback on office efficiency and suggesting possible improvements
- Other administrative tasks as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite [or Google Workspace] and Bookkeeping skills
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Organization and Time Management skills with an ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Attention to Detail, Problem-Solving
- Strong computer skills for technical troubleshooting
- Office Management, Reception, Filing, Billing, Reporting, Researching, Ordering, Invoicing, Scheduling
Why Work With Us?
- We are a certified women-owned B Corporation, a for profit company that is using business to support a sustainable planet
- We are growing, lots of growth opportunities within the organization
- You can work for us and feel good about what you are contributing to
- We have an entrepreneurial culture and welcome new ideas
- Opportunity to work closely with the co-founders of an award winning company!
- This is a 3 to 6 month contract that could lead to a permanent position and participation in employee ownership
African Bronze Honey Company is an inclusive company and an equal opportunity employer.
- Cardinal ON (with part-time remote work options).
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your skills and achievements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us why working for a B Corporation is one of your goals. Your cover letter must also explain how you meet the requirements.
Check out our other vacancies