Looking for a fun and delicious appetizer that will delight your guests? Look no further than this Honey Mushroom Bruschetta! It is a great appetizer for any occasion, from dinner parties to casual get-togethers, it’s as satisfying as it is delicious. Plus, the dish is quick (just make the caramelized onions ahead of time) and easy to make, so you can spend more time enjoying the company of your friends and family. This bruschetta combines the flavours of earthy mixed mushrooms, sweet & tangy honey balsamic glaze, and indulgent cheese and caramelized onions, packing a flavour punch that will leave your taste buds buzzing.
So grab your apron, put on some good tunes, and get ready to impress your guests with this fantastic Honey Mushroom Bruschetta recipe!
- 1/2 lb mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- White cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- First, to caramelize the onions melt the butter in a skillet over low heat. Add the sliced onions and cook for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally, until they are soft and starting to brown.
- Add ⅛ cup of honey to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue cooking the onions, stirring occasionally for another 30-45 minutes or until they are golden brown in colour. Remove from the heat and place in a separate bowl, and add a pinch of salt.
- Next, add butter and the sliced mushrooms to the skillet and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Add thyme and cook for an additional minute. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, mix the remainer of the honey and the balsamic vinegar.
- Slice the baguette in half lengthwise.
- Top each side of the baguette with a spoonful of the mushroom and caramelized onion mixture. Add grated cheese on top of the mushrooms to evenly coat the muchroom topping.
- Put the mushroom bruschetta in the oven or toaster until the baguette is crisp and the brie cheese has melted.
- Lastly, drizzle the honey and balsamic mixture over the top of each bruschetta.
- Serve the Honey Mushroom Bruschetta immediately and enjoy!