These are perfect for snacks or tea – and even better for your fundraising bake sale. They're easy to make, take almost no time and they're tasty too!
Thanks to 14-year-old Jaclyn Holdsworth from Pickering, Ontario for sending us this recipe. Jaclyn's been baking cookies and selling honey to raise funds for her Me to We school building trip to Kenya in July this year. And Jaclyn knows her cookies! She's been fundraising since she was six!
Hint: the taste of African Bronze makes these cookies great. They are even better when made for bake sales!
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup African Bronze honey
- 1 egg
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour (we used 1 cup unbleached white flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Mix together the butter, sugar and honey until thoroughly blended
- Add the egg and mix until well blended
- Measure out the dry ingredients together in a bowl and mix well
- Add to the honey mixture and combine until just well mixed
- Spoon onto cookie sheets (use non-stick sheets or add baking parchment)
- Bake in 375º oven for 7 to 9 minutes until set and light brown in colour. They should be darker brown around the edges
- Cool on wire rack for 3 to 5 minutes
Makes 2 trays of 12 cookies. (How much can you sell those for?)